Monday, June 3, 2013

The count down is on!!! 3 days to go!


The Countdown is On!

 

 The trip of my dreams is about to happen!  Our first journey out west.  I've been waiting for this to happen ever since I was a little girl.  I've always been curious about what lies beyond our Virginia mountains.  Since I was seven, seeing a set of rail road tracks trailing off west over the mountains stirred up thoughts of adventure.  If I followed them, they would slowly and steadily take me out to where there's big sky and wide open spaces.  Watching the sunset, wondering what's just over the horizon.  Knowing that these hills of ours open up to vast grasslands, mighty rivers, quiet towering mountains and red rock gorges.  





                                                                           

Also to be having the privilege to go out and speak about Jehovah and the good news of his kingdom!  I can't wait to see the faces of some of the people we meet, some of whom could be hearing Jehovah's name for the first time.   We're going out to the Colorado/Kansas border where the land is flat and you see for miles around in all directions.  What a change that will be from home where everything has a steady roll.  

We just did a run through of packing: weighing our suitcases and bags, shifting around clothes, making sure we have space for our literature.  Lots of Bible Teach books, old Watchtowers and tracts.  


This is also going to be Lance's first time flying!  I can not wait to see his reaction!


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment